Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Wasil Usmani’s biography published

By Abdul Qadir Qureshi
(Pakistan News & Features Services)

Prof Dr Ghani-ul-Akram Sabzwari, Founder President, Library Promotion Bureau (LPB), has recently compiled a biography of Muhammad Wasil Usmani, one of his contemporary library scientists.

There are more than 20 chapters of the book, covering the various aspects and the different stages of Wasil Usmani’s life with focus on his poetry. 

The title of the book contains a portrait of the former professor while the back cover features excerpts of the tributes paid to him by eminent scholars and literary figures like Tabish Dehalvi, Dr Aslam Farrukhi, Sarshar Siddiqui, Rafiuddin Siddiqui, Prof Zaka Siddiqui and Zain Siddiqui. 

Wasil Usmani was born in an educated family of Allahabad, UP, on July 3, 1933, which makes him one of the oldest surviving members of the library scientists’ community at the age of 84. 

By his own admission, he was passionate about poetry since childhood. Inspired by the poetic environment around him he himself started doing poetry from a very young age. He also pursued quality education and obtained high grades.  

The 140-page hardbound book in Urdu, published by LPB, is priced Rupees three hundred in Pakistan while its printed international price is US$ 3.

6 comments:

  1. He was my accounting professor islamia college karachi now he lived in USA now I want where about of my professor

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my grandpa. I learned a lot about my grandpa. Thank you for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my grandpa and I will miss him forever. He wrote a incredible book about himself ,all away through 1965.My grandpa died at September 27, 2023.

    Rest in Peace 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is inspiration for all his well wishers, remembered long for his colleagues.May Allah rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any link on web about his life and services.

    ReplyDelete