Friday, June 22, 2012

Bollywood singers Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik enthrall Karachi Gymkhana

Jumbo Editorial Team 

The famous Bollywood singers Kumar Sanu and Alka Yagnik rocked Karachi Gymkhana with their typically dazzling performance in what turned out to be one of the most memorable live concerts in the history of the club, founded more than 125 years ago.
 
There were speculations in the media that the concert might had to be postponed due to the delay in getting security clearance for the Indian singers but they just proved to be the rumours and the event did take place on the designated date of June 16. It was a joint venture of Karachi Gymkhana and Hum TV.

Both the singers mesmerized the audience at Karachi Gymkhana where a large number of their members enjoyed the musical gathering. The show will be broadcast by Hum TV at a later stage.  

"The venue was jam-packed and the show was hit. I think this was one of the most beautiful experiences I have had while performing live in Pakistan. Last year, I performed in Islamabad on my birthday and this year I performed in Karachi on my daughter Sana's birthday," Kumar Sanu was reported as saying while sharing his experience after the show.

The Indian singers visited the legendary Ghazal singer Mehdi Hassan's grave. They also reportedly visited his house to offer condolences to his family during their stay in Karachi.  

"I was experiencing mixed emotions while my visit to Mehdiji's grave. I felt lucky because I got the opportunity to visit his grave and also met his family members, but at the same time I also felt sad because I was more eager to meet him, which could not be possible," they observed.

“Mehdi Hassan’s death marked an end of an epoch in the subcontinent’s music history, they said. No one will ever be able to fill the vacuum created by his demise,” they remarked while talking to reporters.

Alka Yagnik stated that she had grown up listening to his ballads and was in love with his songs “Dono Jahan Teri Mohabbat Main Har Kay” and “Woh Ja Raha Hay Koi”. 

2 comments:

  1. Want to learn how to sing and become a trained Bollywood Singer ? Try Ga Vocal Coaching iPhone Android App, Let Your smartphone be your singing coach.

    Ga Mobile app contains singing lessons in Hindi/Urdu/English.

    For more details visit:

    http://www.gaapp.co.uk

    Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete