Thursday, March 8, 2012

World snooker chief Guillaum declares Karachi a fantastic city

Jumbo Editorial Team

Pascal Guillaum, President, International Billiards & Snooker Federation (IBSF), who spent four days in Karachi recently, found it as fantastic a city as anyone else in the world.

The visiting IBSF President was presented a copy of Jumbo Karachi Guide whose contents and presentation impressed him considerably.

“It’s a wonderful place which can be compared to any internationally acclaimed city. I had first come here 19 years ago. Obviously a lot of development work has taken place in this part of the world too which is reflected when we move out,” the Paris-based IBSF chief, who was in Karachi from March 4 to 7 as the guest of honour in Jubilee Insurance 7-Nation International Snooker Championship 2012 held at Hotel Pearl Continental, remarked in a conversation with Jumbo Editorial Team.

“I faced no problems whatsoever in the city while commuting to its different parts for four days. I consider Karachi a safe enough city to play host to international cue sports events, including the World Snooker Championship. It has all the ingredients needed to organize a global competition,” he declared.

“I have had very comfortable stay in this vibrant city again. I went to Zamzama in Defence a couple of times besides spending some time on what I consider as splendid beaches of Karachi. Honestly speaking it has been a wonderful trip. I couldn’t visit the French beach because it was little far but I will definitely try to reach out there when I am around next time,” the IBSF President said.

No comments:

Post a Comment